Saturday, February 21, 2009

Word of the Day

hypo-Christian, pronunciation [hippo-Christian]
-noun
a person who claims to be a Christian and is actually the opposite of what "being a Christian" really means.


This word's origin is a friend of a friend. We'll call her Beth (because that's her name) ahahaha
stole that one from my sister. Sorry. We were out Christmas shopping. We were trying to switch lanes at a red traffic light. This woman was pulling out of a Christian bookstore and we motioned to her and asked if we could turn in, in front of her. She shook her head no and didn't let us in. Hypo-Christian to the core.

I have known many hypo-Christians in my lifetime. Girlfriend beaters. People who will screw you out of a dime faster than you can say, where'd my dime go? The epitome of why I won't join or go to a church. Don't get me wrong. I've been to a few churches I liked very much. And I'm not a God-hater and I'm not going to describe all of my religious and spiritual beliefs right here, right now.

I just detest people who *claim* to be all right with God and Jesus, their God, mind you, not everyone's. And yet, will treat you like you are the lowest form of dirt. Or even worse, try to mess with you or yours. Just for the power trip. Or whatever.

I will quote William Shakespeare to sum this now ridiculously deep blog up.
To thine own self be true.

No comments: