I just uploaded some of the funniest pictures to facebook. I can't stop laughing at how ridiculous I look! It was over Christmas and a group of us went to Butterfly World. My niece and I decided to feed these birds with little cups of nectar. I felt like I was conquering one of my big fears. I'm so scared of birds. Mostly I'm afraid of their flappy little wings getting all tangled up in my hair. I've also had experiences with little hoppy birds pecking at my freckles like they were food.
My girlfriend has a bird that does tricks and hangs out on her shoulder. I'm pretty sure whenver I'm over there, it's plotting my early demise. I'm not positive how a ten-inch bird is going to kill me but I'm sure it will be slow and I'm sure it will be painful. She always says "oh, see? She likes you!" when the bird is eyeing me and trying to decide the quickest way to attack.
But I faced my fear! I had at least six or seven birds ALL over me. They were fighting over the nectar and squawking up a storm. One landed on the top of my head and I thought I might run screaming out of the screened-in atrium. I'm pretty sure after this experience (and one of the dumb-ass birds biting her) my niece now has a pretty deep-seeded fear of birds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment