I have come to a place in my life where I love writing. I love talking on the phone. I love articulating my thoughts, emotions and perceptions. And yet, I find that I'm hesitant to expound so much energy on things. I feel like my energy is going in so many different directions as it is, what with work, home, friends, family, etc. And then to actually *think* about things and also articulate them to someone else besides myself or my husband seems like a waste of energy.
I feel like I've been working so hard to evolve spiritually and emotionally that I'm cutting myself off from the rest of the world. It's almost like I'm working so hard on me over here that I don't have time to think about me. Does that make any sense?
I realize that I can't be such a hermit. Just because a book seems like better company than a friend. I WILL have lunch on occasion with friends. I WILL make a phone call while I'm cooking dinner instead of just listening to Barney and talking about crayons with Kennedy. At least I'll try. I'm having lunch with a girlfriend tomorrow. See how it goes....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment