And I have indulged in both today.
The first one. This is difficult to talk about. I really do love it so much. It's hard to admit it's a problem. Travis might have an intervention soon. He thinks I had too much about a month ago. Okay. Here goes. I eat sunflower seeds. EVERY. NIGHT. I shell them with my teeth and suck all the salt off the shells. I pop them open one by one and put all the shells into a solo cup. I sometimes eat a smaller dinner so I can have more sunflower seeds. Did I mention I eat them EVERY DAY? I have gone through at least three mouth sores. Let me tell you, sunflower shells and the salt make for some seriously nasty cankor sores. At one point, I had a sore so painful under my tongue, I was on WebMD researching mouth cancer just to be sure. I even RAN OUT of seeds earlier in the week and went THREE DAYS without them. That is the longest I have gone (minus when I had that nasty sore, I think that was three day's healing) without eating them. This has been going on way too long. And dammit if I don't knock that solo cup over every now and then. Then there's gross, soggy, chewed shells all over the floor. And my little Mojie swallowing as many as he can before I pick them all up. He's my own personal hoover. But I worry about him pooping sharp shells.
Okay. Here we go. Serious addiction number two. Panera Chocolate Croissant. Oh. My. God. It's an orgasm in a polite little dessert. Scratch that. It's FOUR simultaneous orgasms all wrapped up in a little pastry with choclate sprinkles. This is something that I think about often. I think of reasons to go near the many Paneras that are scattered around the metro Orlando area. And believe me, I know where each and every one of them are. I have been obsessed with these beautiful flaky, slightly glazed objects of my affection since I first had one a few years ago. Sometimes I keep my deep longing at bay. And other times, that wanting, needing takes over and I can't control myself, I drive to Panera and order one. I will admit. I think about these addictive little treats ALMOST every day. BUT. I certainly couldn't have lost 50 pounds eating them that often. In the last six months, I have had THREE, including the one I had today. And one of those treats was actually purchased at Publix, in the bakery. And it wasn't nearly as good as Panera's. But it was certainly a chocolate croissant, so it counts on the scorecard (and on my ass, as well).
Oh, Jillian. Bob. Please pray for me. (Biggest Loser shout out.....yo!)
It's not a habit, it's cool, I feel alive. If you don't have it, you're on the other side. I'm not an addict (maybe that's a lie)...

No comments:
Post a Comment